Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Over the course of two days mold can quickly become an unwanted pest at your property. Mold naturally occurs and is nature's way of turning dead things back into dirt. In this sense, mold is important... but not in your home or business.
Our teams are specifically trained and equipped to address mold and mold damage — which is important, because mold needs specific and targeted interventions. This isn't "axe" work, this is precision, specialized work to make sure the source is addressed and to mitigate any health impacts.
Below are some tips of first steps to take when you discover mold on your property.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (781) 337-0344
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Weymouth & Hingham for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Weymouth & Hingham has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Weymouth & Hingham proudly serves Weymouth, Hingham, Weymouth Landing, and surrounding areas.