Advanced Technology and Techniques
Problems with mold and water damage are as old as history. Restoration and remediation work prior to modern technology was crude, but the basic principles were the same, identify source of problem, address source, restore damage areas, maintain property. Interestingly, the first written mold remediation protocol is found in the Bible, Leviticus 14. Instructions are given on how to identify, isolate and restore a property impacted by mold.
Today, technology has affected the way we're able to identify problem areas, it's affected the ways we're able to address the restoration process. Over the last 100 years the restoration and remediation field has moved crude tools to precision instruments, and that's good news for our customers.
These advancements in the technology and techniques used in the restoration industry allow our Weymouth and Hingham area SERVPRO team restore properties back to preloss conditions quickly, reliably, and most effectively. The standards for restoration and remediation are outlined by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC); it's this organization that sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning.
We use the most up to date interventions and tools to make sure your property is restored and delivered back to you fast and efficiently.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.