Saying Goodbye to Musty Odors
The fungal kingdom is a fascinating one, but not when it invades your home in Weymouth, MA. Although it is natural for most homes to have mold growth to some extent, that musty odor you’re dealing with simply needs to go. Continue reading to find out why mold smells this way and what you can do to fight it.
A Diverse Organism
One fact about mold that can explain its unpleasantness has to do with the toxins it creates. A mycotoxin, or a substance produced by microfungi, is incredibly small and impossible to see with the naked eye. Just one species of mold is capable of producing a variety of mycotoxins.
An Intense Odor
Mycotoxin is also what causes that nasty smell in your home. The smell may seem as if it has seeped into everything, but one way you can get to the bottom of the problem is to conduct an odor investigation. Sniff around rooms to determine which ones have the most odor. Some common areas for mold to thrive include:
• Bathrooms (especially around shower curtains)
• Closets with permeable materials
A Resilient Intruder
Although you may have overcome the mold battle and are on your way to a crystal-clean and odor-free living space, this tough fungus has a way of coming back. Sometimes, the help of a professional can ensure mold remediation is done right the first time around. Once professionals have located all affected areas, they can also help you better decide on what preventative measures to take. For instance, placing a fan in the bathroom is one way you can get to the root of a mycotoxin takeover.
That musty odor can certainly jeopardize your comfort in your own home. Want to make sure mold gets turned away at the door? Acquaint yourself with facts about fungus and reach out to the professionals for cleanup and prevention tips.
For more on Weymouth click here.